The behaviorism theory of learning can be summarized as giving positive and negative reinforcement; therefore the student will learn from mistakes and gain from their experiences. Positive reinforcement is supposed to let the student know he did well and this behavior should continue. Negative reinforcement is withholding stimuli from the student concluding he/she will change their behavior.
The constructivist theory of learning concludes that each student learns for themselves. Each individual constructs meaning as he or she learns. The learner learns from his own mistakes rather than someone telling them exactly how to do something.
When I become a teacher, I feel that I will be more comfortable teaching by using the constructivist theory of learning. I feel that a student will learn better if they figure out how to do something themselves. If someone constantly tells students how to do something they will just do whatever they are told and nothing more. They will not go beyond what they have to do to learn
No comments:
Post a Comment